The market is HUGE…
The need for children to develop computing skills is now widely recognised.
Fluency and familiarity with computers and technology is essential to nurture the future digital generation and ensure that today’s children become creators of technology and not just passive consumers of it.
- Over 12 million children in the UK,
- More than 23,000 primary schools
- Over 30,000 pre-schools and nurseries
…it’s an enormous opportunity!
Demand is exploding
Demand for computing skills is exploding as we move towards a more technology focused world. It will have extraordinary implications on the range of skills that today’s young people will require in every aspect of their lives. 1
Having fun with technology and computers from an early age encourages children to be e-confident and e-competent, giving children a great head-start in life. The benefit of children having strong technology and computing skills from the youngest age is regularly endorsed by parents, head teachers and government ministers alike.
- Schools find the subject challenging with primary schools typically able to devote only one hour per week to the subject. 1
- 85% of jobs that will exist in 2030 haven’t even been invented yet. 2
Our computing and tech classes give young people the skills and enthusiasm to thrive in the workplace of the future.
- After the Reboot – The Royal society
- Institute for the Future: The next era of human/machine partnerships